Parents:  Your children may qualify for Free or Reduced-Priced Meals. BGCS has implemented an Online Application for Free and Reduced Benefits!!  Submit your application the easy way, by clicking the button below:
 Apply Online for Benefits
 Check your Status Online
To submit a paper application, please click on the link below.  Fill out only one application per household each year.  You should include all children in school on one application.  Be sure to include all people residing in your household.  You may return the application to Central administration, 137 Clough Street, Bowling Green, OH 43402, or return it to your oldest child’s school.  You will receive a response within 10 business days. 


Click Here to view the 2016-2017 Letter to Household.

How to Apply for Benefits: Click Here   Download the F&R Application: Click Here

You may qualify for free health care coverage. Click here for more information.

Click here to review our policy of sharing information with other departments.



Q: I’ve received a notification letter dated Aug. 2016 from the food service director that my child has been approved for free meals. Do I need to go online and complete a F & R form and return it to the school?

A: No. Please do NOT fill out a free & reduced application for your child. 


Q: Now that we’re approved for free meals, what does that include? 

A: Your child must take a complete breakfast or lunch. This consists of 3 out of the 5 food groups contained in the meal and must include either a fruit or vegetable. Any item offered for sale that is not in the reimbursable meal (for example: snack items, cookies, drinks or extra servings of the meal) must be paid for with cash. Please save your approval letter. Students approved for free meals may show their school office the letter and receive a waiver for school fees and/or books. Students approved for reduced-price meals receive a waiver for sports, but must pay for books. 


Q: Can I still send in money for my child to use for snacks at school? 

A: Yes, your child can place money on their account to use for extra a la carte items. 


Q: Sometimes my child wants to pack their lunch. Will they receive free milk instead of a lunch? 

A: No. BG Schools does not have a free milk program. Your child will have to take a complete breakfast or lunch under the state regulations. 


Q: My child is enrolled at one building but attends classes at another building on certain days. Will they still receive free meals? 

A: Yes. The free status will apply at any BG school building your child visits. There is no need to have a separate snack account or application at each building. 


Q: Will other students know my child receives free meals? A: When your child comes through the cafeteria line, they will enter their PIN number just as all the other students do. No one will know if they have money on their account or if they receive free meals. Q: What is the reduced price for breakfast and lunch? 

A: Reduced-price breakfast is 30¢ and reduced-price lunch is 40¢. 


Please feel free to call Sue Chandler, Food Service Director, at 419-352-3576 ext. 4040 if you have any unanswered questions or comments.


Privacy Act Statement: This explains how we will use the information you give us. The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced price meals. You must include the social security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The social security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) case number or other FDPIR identifier for your child or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a social security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs. We MAY share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, and determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

Non-Discrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly: In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form,(AD-3027) found online at: 

http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) Mail:     U.S. Department of Agriculture

​Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

​1400 Independence Avenue, SW

​Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2) Fax:      (202) 690-7442; or

(3) Email:   program.intake@usda.gov
  |  Register