Reminder for parents and students:

Please remember that breakfast is offered every school day just before classes begin at ALL BGSC buildings.  If the earlier schedule has you a little pressed for time, why not eat breakfast at school?  We offer a wide selection of choices for students each day.  Some students aren’t hungry first thing in the morning, but by the time they arrive at school are ready for breakfast.  Also, if your child qualifies for free or reduced-priced meals, that includes breakfast and lunch.

The Wood County Health Department has recognized the BG Middle School, Conneaut, Crim and Kenwood schools with the “Clean Plate Award”.   This is an award developed by the Health Dept. to recognize food service establishments in the county for their outstanding dedication in the practice of food safety knowledge and sanitation.  Our managers will receive the award on May 8th at the Health Department.

Keeping current on federal, state and local laws and regulations for food service is a never-ending process.  Our staff is committed to this process and we’d like to thank the Health Department for providing us with training materials and speakers.

As always, if you have any questions, please call the Food Service Director’s office at (419) 352-3576 ext. 4040.

Sue Chandler, CDM, DFPP (schandler@bcgs.k12.oh.us)

Food Service Director



April 2014
May 2014




Non-Discrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly:  The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department.  (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)  If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.govIndividuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).  USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.


  |  Register